When A Jesuit and a Franciscan Walk Into a Dominican School...

Friday, November 20, 2015

Linking up with This Ain't the Lyceum for another round of 7 Quick Takes!

Someday, I really will write the rest of that joke in the title. Read on to find out the inspiration!

1

In our whole preparing for Advent post, I completely forgot about including that I finally bought the indestructible by toddlers nativity set! Little People to the rescue! 


The kids were, unfortunately, very awake from nap when the box arrived. I'm making them wait until the first Sunday of Advent to open them.
The suspense was killing them a little too much, so the boxes are safely hidden away now.

2

I recently became the wife of a runner!
Well, he was really a runner before I met him, but Matt has recently resumed the runner identity. 
He will be running the Berkeley Half Marathon this Sunday!

3

And I might be that wife who is a little worried every time my husband goes out for a run that something terrible is going to happen. Races are a new kind of stress.

The organizers seem to know this, and have made an app for that!

Thank you technology!

4

Last Tuesday I have the honor of attending the opening lecture for the Dominion Jubilee year (800th is doing well, I think.) It was really interesting, and you can watch the livestream!

I was sitting a little close to the camera, so hopefully you can't my (very occasional) comments. *Fingers Crossed*

5

Photo credit: DSPT
Hey, I ended up in an official photo!

I'm that person who is always taking side notes through every lecture. 

Bringing the sole Jesuit to a Dominican event, that is being photographed by a Franciscan, makes for some funny material though. Lots of jibes. From the priest giving the lecture. It was hilarious.


6

Shout out to Sean, who should be receiving the results of her California Bar Exam today!

I'm sure she would appreciate any prayers you can send her way, and I took the liberty of finding the patron saint of test takers: St. Joseph of Cupertino.


Prayers for you today Sean!

7

Another shout out, this time for my Dad! Tomorrow is his birthday, and while I can't be there in person, I can still embarrass him on the internet. :)


My Dad is a man of many talents, and one of them is being ridiculously good at making/fixing stuff. He made that little chair John is sitting on! It is his Little Chief chair, so he can do some porch sittin' with his Big Chief.




No comments :

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS