Goodbye to Dawson's Creek Hair and Some Audition Excitement

Friday, January 15, 2016

It's time for another 7 Quick Takes with This Ain't the Lyceum!

1

For a good bit of time John had been rocking "Dawson's Creek Hair".

This


But on a 3 year old.


As cute as this was, it was still time for a haircut.

He doesn't stay as still for mommy haircuts as he used to so John got his first professional haircut this week!

He was super still and amazingly well behaved the whole time.

He just kept making this face.


2

Any place that has something to play with while waiting gets so many extra brownie points with me!


3

We started the slow process of taking all of the Christmas things down last week, but I'm dragging my feet on taking down the Christmas cards because....I haven't sent out my own yet.

This is not actually my fault, so I shouldn't feel guilty, but I do.

We thought it would be smart to use our photos from the parish directory shoot and just order Christmas cards then. Not having to dress up the kids for a photoshoot twice sounded like a good idea.

Nope, never doing that again. The cards have still not arrived.

They are now free, but still.

So sorry to everyone on my Christmas card list! I have not forgotten about you, I just have nothing to send you!

4

I started reading A Mother's Rule of Life.


So far it sounds very similar to the type of system I have fallen into, but I'm curious to see if there is something I can add or smooth out to my own day.

5

On Thursday, I get to audition in this theater!


It's the oldest operating theater in San Francisco!

This is mostly just for fun. It would be good to get audition practice.
I have never gone out for a musical before!

6

I'm singing a (strict 32 bars) of this song.



7

In other fun news - I'll be dancing on a real stage in May!

More details on that to come. 
It will be Mother's Day weekend at the Regents' Theater at Holy Names University!

Rehearsals start in February!

3 comments :

  1. Oh, that theater looks marvelous! I hope that your audition goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kirby! I just stumbled upon your blog via SQT. I think we may me internet soulmates. I'm also a Catholic dancing Mama of two :) trying to chronicle it all via a blog. I'm so excited to have found a kindred spirit and will duly follow your journey! Also I love stars and the moon. One of my favorites to belt out in the car. If you're interested, you can check out my little corner of the internet at http://sarahmakesahomeanddances.blogspot.com/ happy dancing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea! I knew I couldn't be the only one. Welcome to the blog!

      Delete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS