Walk for Life Week!

Thursday, January 21, 2016

Happy Walk for Life Week Everybody!



This week is beginning to feel like a Catholic young adult extravaganza.
We are lucky enough to have the Sisters of Life and Franciscan Friars of the Renewal in town for Walk for Life West Coast!

Yesterday was the Berkeley Catholic Day Out which involved meals with the religious, playing games on the lawn in the middle of UC Berkeley campus, talks, adoration, and social time!

I had the kids with me for the games and I wish I had gotten a picture of the sight. So many people stopped and stared at the religious running, in full habit, to catch a frisbee.

Bringing babies to a college campus is always an interesting experience. There is typically one of three reactions: the students ignore the babies like their lives depend on it, the students notice the children but treat them more like wild animals who might nip at any moment, or they go completely goo-goo ga-ga over the babies! This time we added habited religious going goo-goo ga-ga over the babies.

As last night was Men's Night at my house, I got to go back and attend some of the talks, holy hour, and social!
I'm a total sucker for vocation stories. I think I might like them more than the "how I met my spouse" stories. Religious vocation stories have more twists and turns and "no way" moments!

Sisters of Life are generally a young order, both since it's founding and in the average age of its members. Many have a vocation story that involves World Youth Day in some form or fashion. It's great to hang out with religious who look like me. We're close to the same age and care about the same things.


Lots of bonding around the fire! Gatherings with fire are always better.

If you would like to join us this weekend, please do so! You can follow the Walk on facebook to keep up with event news.

Join us afterwards for Catholic Underground!





No comments :

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS