Linking up for Tuesday Talk this morning!
This here little blog will be one year old next month!
In that time we've had some new people join in who I have not had the pleasure of meeting in person. I thank y'all for taking time to read my little writings, but my southern manners indicate I must introduce myself at some point.
Leaving aside the details easily discerned from the blog (you might have caught on I'm Catholic for instance...) here are 10 things you might not know about me.
1. I have an unabashed love for coffee and a very high caffeine tolerance.
Yes, you would have figured that one out within the first day of meeting me, but this is the Internet so we have to write out things here.
2. The squeak of shoes on a basketball court are my nails on a chalkboard. Makes me squirm just thinking about it.
3. I am from Dallas, Texas. Which means I have all the excuses in the world to love country music, handle heat like a boss, and say y'all all the live long day (which does fill a serious hole in the English language once thee and thou hit the dust.)
4. I was a Girl Scout all the way from Daisy's through Gold Award.
I spent my 17th birthday driving down to Austin, Texas for our Gold Award ceremony.
Aka. that project the girls do that requires a massive amount of work and re-writing that gives us....none of the respect that Eagle Scout gives boys.
5. I was Valedictorian from my high school class.
I did work hard and all, but really it came down to just doing my work on time and being nerdy enough to read the ENTIRE student handbook - thus figuring out if I took an extra class at the community college downtown I would have more rank points than the next girl.
6. I was a super theater nerd all through high school. Evidence:
|That's 17 year old me in the checked dress.|
7. I am half Native American. My Dad is Ponca (the Oklahoma tribe). We're everything stereotypical you've ever seen about how Indians live. It's the tribe that invented fancy dance (the one with all the feathers) and we host the championship powwow in White Eagle every year.
|The guy on the far left is my many-times Great Grandpa. This is the Washington Delegation that went to DC to argue the Native case for being fully human under the law - and won. Thanks Grandpa!|
8. I met my husband online! Back in the days when catholicsingles.com was free for college age students.
|His first time in Texas involved meeting my entire family out on the lake in July. He got to fish a lot so it made up for the heat. At least I like to believe that.|
Now I can say things about how we met in the simpler days before Tinder and apps were a strong part of the online dating scene. Ahh, nostalgia!
9. I started dancing when I was 4. My first recital dance was to "Diamonds are a Girl's Best Friend".
|Miss Betty, who worked the front desk at the studio, made all our shoe bows. Can't have a 90s dance recital without shoe bows!|
10. My favorite movies are Steel Magnolias and Jurassic Park. It does make sense! Maybe...
Any big surprises? What don't I know about you?