Library Haul 11/1

Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Linking up with A Gentle Mother for Library Haul.

Happy All Saints Day everyone! It was a wet Halloween for us last night, and a chilly morning, so we're planning on cuddling up with some library finds!

The Life of Elves



I had read Muriel Barbery's The Elegance of the Hedgehog a few months ago, saw this on the shelf and decided to give it a try. I'm very impressed! Barbery knows how to use words that sweep you up and push your fictional imagination without seeming like she overused a Thesaurus. 
This story is all about magic, the landscape, and hidden communities. Perfect for my pseudo-Irish weather today!

Little Mouse



Therese picked this one out and I'm more impressed with it than I thought I would be. (She often picks books based on their unusual size - very large or very small). This is the sweet story of a monk who adopts a little mouse as his daughter, and their quest to find her a suitable husband as she has said she wants to marry the strongest creature. 
It turns out very cute.

999 Tadpoles



I had seen this book recommend a number of times as a "big family book". It is very cute how the extremely large frog family stick together and mom and dad frog are shown as a team. My kids particularly like reading, and acting out, and "run for your lives" bit.

What were your library finds this week?

4 comments :

  1. Oh, it's always nice to find "big family" type books! My family is small, only two kids right now, but it frustrates me to no end that people assume we're done. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me to! Especially because we happened to get a boy and a girl first. I've heard them referred to as a "complete set" a number of times recently. I haven't yet found a good way to say "children are not collectibles" so I settle for thinking it loudly.

      Delete
  2. Oooh, I really enjoyed other Muriel Barbery books I've read, I'll have to check that one out! And I can't wait to find 99 tadpoles, it sounds fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 999 Tadpoles looks looks like a great book. Adding it to our list!

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS