Top 10 Posts of 2017

Sunday, December 31, 2017


In celebration of another year in the blogging books, I rounded up the top 10 posts from 2017 as determined by page view. Y'all were into babies, motherhood/parenting, NFP, and obscure liturgical things.
That's why we're such good friends!

In ascending order....

10

Ember Days - The Best Part of the Liturgical Year You Never Knew Existed



In case you missed the Advent Ember Days, fear not! These happen four times a year. Next ones will be the Lenten Ember Days on Feburary 21, 23, 24.

9

I Survived Two Weeks of Solo Parenting + A Giveaway!


Now I'm willing to bet this showed up so high on the list becuase there was a giveaway involved. But getting through two weeks of solo parenting a 4 and 2 year old, while 4 months pregnant, was an accomplishment and I'm stinkin' proud of it!

8

The Longest Night - Felicity's Birth Story


Because who doesn't like a good birth story??
Many people probably, but they are totally MY guilty pleasure read and apparently some of y'all's too.

7

7 Misconceptions I Had About Motherhood Before My First Baby


Ah, the reckoning of life experience! 

6

The Hidden Scars - Dealing with Miscarriage and Secondary Infertility


Because sometimes I need to sit the world down and give it a talkin' to.

5

That Time I Cried in Church - How Parishes Can Be More Family Friendly



"We have been attending the 8am mass at our parish for a few years now. We are, typically, the only family with young kids at that mass.
That has been far and away a positive experience. ...
But then there is an event like yesterday, and I end up crying silent tears in the pew."

Small changes make a big difference for young family just trying to make it to mass every week!

4

NFP and the Single Woman


The lack of stories about single women using NFP to track their own health bothered me and I'm not even single! Thanks to the five women who shared their personal stories with us that past NFP Awareness Week.

3

A Quick St. Nicholas Gift Guide


Lots of you wanted to do St. Nicks big this year, and I fully support that!

2

Finding a New Beautiful in Postpartum


Life with three kids - it's a turning point. 

1

And our most viewed post of the year is.....

Embracing the Beautiful Body - Claire's Story



Fun Fact - Claire was also our doula for Felicity's birth. Pretty cool Catholic woman all around!

**************
Honorable Mention goes to my first truly viral Facebook post.


I made this in 20 minutes while wearing and feeding the baby. 
I'm very happy you all wanted to fulfill canon law and share that joy with your friends!

**************

Coming up in the next year:

Big renovation project
Re-entering the local theater scene
A Lenten challenge
Another special themed NFP Awareness Week
Marriage topic series

Stay tuned!

*************
Go check out the link up on Revolution of Love to see more Top 10 posts!







No comments :

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS