Almost There! - A Week of Not Quite Arriving

Friday, March 30, 2018

Linking up with This Ain't the Lyceum for 7 Quick Takes.

1

Amelia Hill House is moving along!
We had the bad news that there is asbestos tile under the kitchen, so that's thrown a snag in the timeline. But the day nursery and downstairs bathroom are humming along!

Day Nursery! The walls in here looked really scary not too long ago.


2

I'm so ready to move in and start making progress on our forever home, but we're in our rental and it's Holy Week. So I'm cleaning, cleaning, cleaning!

I've convinced John that vacuuming is amazing and getting to hold the all purpose vinegar + water cleaner is an honor of the highest degree. Therese likes the duster but that's about it. I'll take what I can get!

3



All the cleaning work has been an excellent distraction from losing out on my dream production this week. I wrote a bit about it on social media, but the rejection never gets easier (even when I take my own advice.)

4



John has been asking to "catch up" in his school for a while now, and I finally am accepting that this kid has completed the Kindergarten curriculum. I am making him finish all the books, even if he knows it. Math was the first down, and the rest of his subjects will wrap up next week!

5



I am putting together my April planning this week (bullet journal is still going!). If I can remember your prayer intentions this month, feel free to comment, email, or message me on Facebook or Instagram

I'm dedicating April to St. Catherine of Siena. She's one of the few female Doctors of the Church and her feast day gets preempted by the Fifth Sunday of Easter this year, so I thought it was fitting to remember her as my saint of the month instead!

6

Holy Week at our parish is downright beautiful! We had dozens upon dozens of altar boys last night. The procession looked to be the scale one would expect of a pilgrimage site.



I don't sing again until the Easter Vigil so we observe Good Friday at home. I wrote up my favorite Holy Week traditions we observe earlier in the week.

7

The Chaplet of Divine Mercy starts today! I forget every year, but I'm determined to remember this year. It's a beautiful, and simple, devotion. I find this printout to be helpful.



No comments :

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS