Just a Little March

Friday, March 9, 2018

Linking up with This Ain't the Lyceum for 7 Quick Takes!



1

We only have 5 weeks left in our homeschool!

John finished his math book the other day, and now just practice appendices are remaining. We have been very happy with Mother of Divine Grace, and will be continuing with them next year.

I finally got around to writing up how we do morning basket in 5 minutes. If you want to hear about starting your day with beauty, truth, and goodness, but need it not to be just another chore, this post is for you!

Therese is reviewing her letters and is in my "zoom ahead" portion of 26 Letters to Heaven. I start to deviate from the book when the kid gets to that click stage of learning and suddenly their capabilities and interest explode. 

New to dream up our summer adventures!

2

Current favorite things the kids say:

John - bruggle, n. - a brother snuggle. 
His current response to requests is, "Of course I can!" and I love it.

Therese - dead pan responses and I really can't tell if she's being serious or if she has mastered sarcasm in everyday life.

Felicity - she's recently stopped making velociraptor sounds so often, and has moved on to long low grunts. Like a bear coming out of hibernation.

A bruggle in action

3

Auditions are still a necessary, but tough and soul crushing, exercise. I did give one audition the other week that I am very proud of, and it was nice to walk out of there knowing I nailed it on my end. Now it's just up to the group to decide if I'm a good fit.

But if I am, I get to wear a fancy Renaissance dress and have it be appropriate! That's just goals.

Dreams
4

I will be performing next weekend in a concert of Steiner's Crucifixion! If you're in the Twin Cities area come check it out.

5

Renovations are plugging along at Amelia Hill House!


We have meeting this afternoon with the design team to finalize the choices.
I'm pretty sure colors change the more you stare at them and I'm this close to closing my eyes and pointing. But I won't...maybe....

6

With all the additional little tasks thrown into my day, I've been feeling like my Google Calendar planning system has been letting me down for certain categories like blog planning (hello inconsistent posting!), artistic progress, goal setting, habit tracking, etc.

So I jumped on the bullet journal train!

Only blog deadlines, feast days, etc. are going on this calendar. I'm dedicating each moth to a particular female saint/s to learn from and aspire to emulate. Sts. Felicity and Perpetua had their feast day this past Wednesday, and it felt fitting since I went and named a kid after one of them.

Not for everything. Google Calendar still works best for me for keeping track of appointments, logistics, and meal planning. 

I'm tracking books I should read here, but their completion on my goodreads app.

I'm also not into, or good at, drawing/doodling so the extent of my pretty is re-tracing words with marker and adding washi tape. What I want is simple but specific.

I changed my mind on how to make this layout and learned having a good eraser is probably a good idea in the future.

This has been week 1 and so far I love it! Not having to look at my phone, or a computer, in order to get alllll of my tasks done is so freeing!

I started this a few days into March so I'm not stressing about remembering prior workouts. Start where you are and keep going! Resisting the urge to want to have this reflect my ideal self.

7

Holy Week and Easter are just around the corner!

If you haven't entered the Easter Basket Giveaway on Instagram, you are in the final hours! It ends at 12pm EST, so hop to it!


No comments :

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS