Top 10 Posts of 2018

Monday, December 31, 2018

It's the end of the year and it's time for a recap! 
My Top 10 posts of 2018 are....eclectic. Welcome to how we run things here at Under Thy Roof. :)



10


My Ember Day plans for Fall 2018 came in at #10 for the year! I do it a little differently every time, and that's good - I would like to have different things to work on to shine up my home and soul.
My categories are: physical, spiritual, fasting, and connection.


9


I thought I had said all I had to say about breastfeeding, but I needed to speak a little truth to power for a hot second during World Breastfeeding Week. It's not as cut and dry was the promotional posters make out.


8
https://underthyroof.blogspot.com/2018/08/hosting-your-own-retreat.html


"Something that has bothered me about retreats aimed for women is they are often 1. very expensive, 2. cater to a different demographic from me, or 3. don't have a way to easily remain in contact with women you have just gotten to know more personally.

Instead of waiting for someone to come along and drop the ideal retreat from the sky - you can make what you need! Here are some key things to hosting your own retreat."


7


One of those posts I wrote in the springtime before The Summer of Crisis. I read over it again before posting it here, just to make sure I would still stand by everything I said there knowing what was to come. Yup, still mean it. Phew.

6


Fun fact about my writing style - I come up with most posts while listening to lectures, podcasts, or conferences. What I write may or may not be related to the subject of the talk.
So if you are ever at a conference with me, and see me scribbling like mad in a notebook, this is why.
This post was written at the Well Read Mom conference last year and poured out wholesale between two talks. It's something that I have been wanting to say for years, and suddenly the words poured out.

5


This was the first post in a series of guest posts + giveaways on the 5 Love Languages. Thanks to Hilary from Messy Buns and Latin Chant for writing this post that resonated with so many!

4


Ah, the post that garnered me my first hate mail. It's a milestone.
Like a lot of Catholic bloggers and writers, I wrestled for a while with what to say, if to talk about, the church crisis. Then one day I woke up and this post poured out. Two more posts would do the same by the end of the week.
It cost me a lot a lot of readers, followers, some friendships and working relationships.
Was it a needed truth? Yes. And I would do it again. It would probably be more scary to write now that I know what it would cost me, but it was the right thing to do.

3


"If you've hung around this blog for a while, you know what I do for NFP Awareness Week - share stories! I believe the best way to talk about a way of life is to show that life via storytelling (and that Anthropology degree might only have influenced that a lot).
There's been small years, busy years, and themed years.

This year is a theme year.

Supposed to be a theme year.

This has been a hard year.

This year is all about NFP in the postpartum time - but it's both on the blog and my real life. I've never had more "skin in the game" than I do this year. Merely trying to put together postpartum NFP stories has been an eye opening experience."

2


I was supposed to record a podcast as a guest to talk about the topic of body image. I had done my research, talked to people about what they long to hear on the topic, and outlined my thoughts. 
Then the podcast fell through.
So I wrote all of it up into a post! Can't keep an overdoer down.

1


In just a few days this post became my most popular post of all time. The incident that inspired it happened years ago, but it's something that has been percolating in my mind ever since.
It helps to realize you are not the only one, and that saying "I choose this" doesn't not mean "all other things are bad choices."
Embrace the freedom of "That's beautiful, but it's not for me"!

***********************

Linking up with Bobbi from Revolution of Love blog for the Top 10 Posts of 2018!


No comments :

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS