Georgia Peach Engagement Party

Sunday, August 21, 2016



Our friends recently got engaged and are planning a wedding for next summer in Atlanta, Georgia! We threw them a surprise engagement party with a Georgia Peach theme.

Decorations


The difficulty here is there is a very fine line between Peach and shade of pink, so sometimes I just had to go with close enough.

Peach Banner


Matt found these blank gold pennant banners at the Dollar Tree. 
I cut out a cardboard stencil to make peach bases of generally the same size. I liked using the textured scrapbook paper for these to add more depth to it. 
I finally bought an x-acto knife and it sped up this process tremendously.



I freestyle cut the leaves with my BFF x-acto knife. 

The Food


Obviously, Peaches are heavily represented among the food items, but also classic Southern dishes.

Peach Salsa
Blue Chips

Shrimp Etouffee with Rice
Corn Bread

Peach White Wine Sangria
Peach Iced Tea
Champagne/Sparkling Cider for the toast




Couple Gift


We wanted to give the happy couple a souvenir from their surprise party.

I designed an image on Picmonkey, and Matt had it printed 11x11in at the copy shop. 


I attached it to a wooden craft frame we got at Joann's that I had spray painted white. The image is backed with foam board to give it a little more structure. 

We had all the guests at the party sign another foam board that attached to the back of the frame, post-signing, with hot glue. 
Voila, customized gift!


Happy Engagement Y'all!

And here's My Sunday Best!

Dress: Ross (and my rehearsal dinner dress!)
Sweater: Target
Shoes: Payless

9 comments :

  1. Everything looks so delicious! And I love your outfit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a cute them! And peach cobbler is my favorite; I can only imagine that peach cake is amazingly delicious. Your blue dress looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The decorations, the food, the gift-- it was all lovely. Maybe it's because I'm from "up north," but the idea of a southern Georgia peach party wouldn't have ever crossed my mind. How creative!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The decorations are fantastic-so simple and elegant! The food looks and sounds amazing, too. This is such a neat idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the Dollar Tree for party decorations :) And peaches are my favorite! I refuse to buy them when they aren't in season because it's not worth it - we're eating tons these days!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The cake was so pretty! I love the gold and peach decorations, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Superb photos from this engagement party! I adore all these party decorations. Anyway, we are already engaged and recently planning our wedding party. Just decided to have small destination wedding at some beachside Malibu wedding venues! I can’t wait anymore for this big day.

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS